My Teeth Are Yellow! Should I Consider Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures. Yellow teeth are common and may be due to various reasons. However, to bring back the shine of your smile, teeth whitening in Emerson is the best option.
Your dentist will examine your teeth and provide you with an appropriate whitening process that will help increase the appearance of your teeth.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a straightforward process in which products containing tooth bleaches like hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide are used. These bleaches break your tooth stains into tiny pieces and result in your teeth becoming much brighter in just a day.
Teeth Whitening Options
There are usually four ways in which your teeth can be whitened, and they are as follows:
- Stain Removal Toothpaste
- Chairside Bleaching
- At-Home Teeth Whitening Kits
- Teeth Whitening Strips or Bleaching Agents
You can use at-home kits or whitening toothpaste. However, consult your dentist before purchasing at-home kits as most teeth whitening agents contain concentrated bleaching products that can harm your teeth if you do not follow proper methods.
Top Reasons for Teeth Whitening:
- To remove stains from your teeth caused by cigarettes, wine, coffee, or other foods.
- If you are trying to quit smoking, teeth whitening can be your first step. You will most likely not want to spoil your bright teeth with cigarette stains and therefore be one step closer to achieving your goal.
- If you have a special occasion like a wedding or an essential job interview, teeth whitening will create an excellent first impression.
- Teeth whitening boosts your confidence and self-esteem. With new teeth that look better than the previous ones, you will be confident appearing in public without hesitation.
- The natural aging process can also make your teeth appear yellow, and therefore teeth whitening will help you feel delighted about your new whitened shiny teeth.
- If you are investing in your new smile, you must know the importance of oral hygiene. With teeth whitening, all the stains decay, and discoloration can be cleared.
- Teeth whitening is affordable as compared to other expensive cosmetic surgeries like veneers or crowns.
There are various at-home kits available for teeth whitening. However, if you are using one of these kits, check the instructions thoroughly and understand them before using them. Moreover, consulting a dentist will be the best choice if you are considering teeth whitening, as whitening contains bleaches that do not work for everyone’s teeth. A dentist can determine what will work the best for you.