What should I expect from a CPAP Lawsuit against Philips?
A class action lawsuit has been filed against Philips Respironics over its recalled DreamStation CPAP machines, Bi-PAP machines, and ventilators, which contain allegedly defective sound abatement foam that may break down and release black particles or toxic chemicals directly into the airways of users.
Neil Shouse, on behalf of Shouse Law Group is accepting cases in which a patient utilised one or more of the recalled CPAP devices and was later diagnosed with a medical condition.
Table of Contents
The Lawsuits Against Philips Are Based On Two Violations
Error of Design:
People were pursuing lawsuits against Philips for a variety of reasons, including the fact that the gadgets they supplied to patients were defective and harmful. The foam they used in the device is so toxic that it causes cancer when it dissolves. This could be enough to justify a case on its own.
Failure to Issue Warnings:
Philips not only used extremely toxic materials in their medical gadgets, but they also failed to alert the public as soon as they became aware of the dangers. Users have allegedly been complaining about health problems as a result of the foam for years. Philips was aware of the problem as early as April 2021, but didn’t issue a recall until the middle of June 2021. This suggests that despite Philips’ knowledge of the risks, consumers continued to buy and use the machines for at least two months.
Can I file for the Philips lawsuit?
If you used one of Philips’ recently recalled sleep apnea machines, you may be able to launch a lawsuit.
- It’s critical to keep track of when you utilised the machine and for how long you used it.
- Also, try and keep track of the gadget you utilised.
- Have you been diagnosed with cancer or any other form of illness that you and your doctor believe is linked to the device? If this is the case, you may have a legal claim against Phillips.
- Your best chance is to get in touch with an attorney as soon as possible for a consultation.
- Consult your medical practitioner on the next steps of your CPAP as well.
Your civil rights attorney can assist you in determining whether or not you have a valid claim. They can also assist you in obtaining your medical records and determining your next steps. Please contact them today to know more about legal options related to the Philips CPAP lawsuit.